29 September 2011

Dear Frank,


I am 26 years old and have been seeing a guy for about 5 months now.
I am not overly lovey dovey but I can't help but feel a little upset that this guy hasn't even considered calling me his girlfriend any time soon.
I know that might sound irrational to some, but I'm sure many of you must see where I'm coming from. We spend a silly amount of time together and we really enjoy each others company. I am starting to become a little obsessed with this. I understand that a label is quite unimportant but there are times when I think he should value me more. The relationship has become a little more serious in certain ways but whenever people ask If I am his girlfriend, I am slightly embarrassed to say 'not quite'.
I know he likes me a lot but I have begun to actually question it because he doesn't want to seem to want to get too involved. I am ready for a steady relationship and I really don't think there is anything wrong with that? Please explain his messed up thoughts Frank! Tired of his laid back brain!

__________________________________________________


Hi honey, I hope you are not letting this eat away at you too much. I can completely understand why you feel a little unloved. You have said you guys spend plenty of time together and seem to be happy which is great!
Perhaps you need to bring the matter up somehow. How about next time, when you are in a sticky situation where somebody asks, sit back and let him answer. Then when you are alone, ask him if he doesn't consider you more than someone he is 'seeing'.
The other alternative answer is that he has had some bad relationships in the past and is afraid that now he has found a seemingly faultless one, It might mess up with a 'label'. If this is the case, then you need to assure him that you really are into him a lot and perhaps point out how good its been so far!
I think he deserves a little more time so just make a few hints here and there and If he doesn't catch on, then maybe he needs to sort himself out!
At the end of the day, communication is the answer baby! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment